“Prevention and Management of Dental Caries in Children” is designed to assist and support Primary Care practitioners and their teams in improving and maintaining the oral health of their child patients from birth up to the age of 16.
Based on information distilled from a range of sources, the guidance provides advice on:
- the assessment of the child
- the delivery of preventive care based on caries risk
- choosing from the range of caries management options available
- delivery of restorative care, including how to carry out individual treatments
- recall and referral
- providing additional support
- management of suspected dental neglect.
The full guidance and support materials can be downloaded from the SDCEP website.