Key Points as at 30th September 2013
- As at 30th September 2013, over 4.4 million patients were registered with an NHS GDS dentist in Scotland, an increase of 1.8 million since March 2007.
- The level of the Scottish population registered with an NHS GDS dentist increased from 50.5% in March 2007 to 83.4% in September 2013.
- Within the 6-12 age group, over 99% of the population was registered with an NHS GDS dentist.
- Registration levels for adults aged over 24 decreased incrementally with age, from 93.8% for the 25-34 age group to 66.1% for people aged 75 and over.
- As at 30th September 2013, Shetland and Greater Glasgow & Clyde had the highest percentage of children registered (91.5%) and Ayrshire & Arran the highest percentage of adults registered (86.7%).
- Western Isles had the lowest percentage of children registered (80.6%) and Grampian had the lowest percentage of adults registered (61.1%).