This page contains links to information about ionising radiation in dental practice. Documents updated from 2019 onwards are now hosted on the SDCEP website.
- Example Employer’s Procedures – Dentists always undertake radiographs
- Example Employer’s Procedures – Dentists and other dental professionals undertake radiographs
- Patient Risk Information Poster – Provision of information relating to the benefits and risks of an exposure for dental practices. Now part of the example Employer’s Procedures above (EP17) and available to download as a separate file via the SDCEP website.
Section 2F of the Combined Practice Inspection includes criteria with respect to radiation protection. Guidance has been provided for both Dental Practices and Dental Practice Inspectors to explain what is required to fulfil these criteria.
- IR(ME)R – Dental Explanatory Guide – although it refers to older IR(ME)R legislation, this guide is still available here for information.
- Presentations at training events on the Ionising Radiation Regulations in 2011.