The aim of this project is to conduct a survey of oral health within the 45 years and over age group across Scotland as the first stage in the development of a rolling Scottish Adult Oral Health Survey programme.
We are piloting a novel method of collecting adult oral health data . In order to do this we are hoping to recruit about 400 dentists to record routine dental information on twenty of their patients.
What will you be asked to do?
- register your interest in participating
- consent eligible patients aged 45 and older
- collect data on 20 patients
- submit the data via a secure website.
- You can also participate in an optional research audit linked to the survey.
To register your interest in the adult oral health survey
Email:- fife-uhb.SAOHS@nhs.net from an NHS.net email account including the following details:-
- your name
- your GDC number
- your practice postcode
- name of NHS Health board that holds your main list number.
A copy of the questionnaire used for collecting the data is available to Download here.
To participate in the associated research audit.
Participating in the Research Audit linked to the survey only requires you to complete a structured reflective report and action plan. Three clinical audit hours have been credited to the research audit. Details are available here.