This video explains how to register with an NHS dentist in Scotland:
Getting NHS dental treatment in Scotland
Information from the Scottish Government about getting NHS dental treatment in Scotland.
The information covers:
- how to find an NHS dentist
- what happens after you have registered
- what treatment you can get as an NHS patient
- how to get dental treatment in an emergency, and
- how to find out more about dental services in Scotland.
Finding a dentist
You can use the NHS 24 website to get a list of dentists near you. You will need to enter your postcode into this page and select “Dentists” under “Please choose service”, then click Search.
Contact details for NHS Health Boards in Scotland
If you need to register with an NHS dentist in Scotland, you may need to contact your local NHS Health Board. Contact details for each Board are on this page.
More detailed information
The Practitioner Services Division website has more information about finding and registering with a dentist, treatment costs, being referred to a specialist and quality of service.