At a successful meeting held at Stirling University and attended by over 50 delegates The Scottish Dental Needs Assessment Programme (SDNAP)- Orthodontic Report was formally launched.
The report was compiled by a working group consisting of:-
- Mrs Jennifer Rodgers (Chair) – Consultant in Dental Public Health, NHS Forth Valley
- Mrs Praveena Symeonoglou SDNAP Researcher based in NHS Lanarkshire
- Dr David Cross – Senior Clinical University,Teacher and Hon. Consultant in Orthodontics, University of Glasgow
- Dental School and Hospital.
- Dr David Morrant- Consultant in Orthodontics, NHS Ayrshire and Arran
- Dr Elizabeth Turbill- Consultant and Hon. Senior Lecturer in Orthodontics, University of Aberdeen Dental School
- and Hospital
- Mr Robert Irvine – Specialist Practitioner, Borders
- Mr Grant Bell – Patient representative, SDNAP Orthodontic working group
- Mr Robert McIntosh – Dentist with Interest in Orthodontics, PDS, NHS Western Isles Health Board
- Mr Calum Cassie – General Dental Practitioner, Lothian
- Mr Bruce Duguid – Interim representative for a GDP with an Interest in Orthodontics, Staff grade, NHS Fife.
The purpose of the report was to assess the current and desired level of orthodontic
service provision and to identify key issues that are affecting the orthodontic service provision
In all 17 recommendations relevant to the future provision of orthodontic care were provided.