In a letter of the 20th May the Chief Dental Officer outlined a phased remobilisation of NHS dental services.
To support practitioners working in primary dental care the Scottish Dental Clinical Effectiveness Programme (SDCEP) has developed a Practice Recovery toolkit which includes a guide and associated implementation tools.
The guide provides advice on:
- Practice organisation and planning, including risk assessment and facilitating physical (social) distancing
- Staff health, wellbeing, rotas and training
- Appointment scheduling and communication with patients;
- Patient care, including assessment and management
- Infection prevention and control, including PPE.
It also includes the following tools to support implementation
- Reopening dental practice checklist
- Patient COVID-19 screening questions
- Patient management flowchart
- Aerosol generating procedures
- Template notice for practice entrances.
The guide and resources can be downloaded at the SDCEP website page.